Dept/Campus: Community Services/Various Locations
Posting Date: August 20, 2014
Closing Date: August 25, 2014 (midnight)
Rate of Pay: $16.51/hr.
Vacancy Type: Support Staff – Part-time Contract (up to
24 hours per week)
We require qualified, reliable individuals to operate our YDP programs before and after school, at various locations located throughout the Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo areas.Other part time and supply work available.
- Support and facilitate a high quality program for children based on observation
- Provide a warm and nurturing environment where children are valued and respected with an emphasis on self-esteem, security, choice making, acceptance of individual and trust
- Act as a resource to parents in problem solving situations
- Support and document areas including programming, curriculum and children
- Uphold the Day Nurseries Act along with the guidelines in the staff handbook
- Maintain Raising The Bar quality initiative which includes individual professional learning
- Two year diploma in Early Childhood Education or Recreation and Leisure Services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a positive attitude, tact, discretion and patience
- Good time management and organization skills
- Creative and flexible, able to participate in solving problems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willing to take initiative
- Ability to apply the principles of child development and positive behaviour
Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged and will be considered. We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Please submit your applications to Louise Harnett at Lharnett@conestogac.on.ca