Position: Child Care Teacher
Location: Cambridge or Kitchener-Waterloo
Reports to: Supervisor, Child Care Centre
Hours: Full time (evenings & weekends as required)
Salary: $15.41 per hour
Start date: Immediate
Overview of the position:
To create a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow, while supporting families. Adhere to the Days Nursery Act and YMCA policies and procedures.
- To create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Responsible for communicating with parents
- Work with team members to prepare a quality program that meets the appropriate development needs of the children
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements
- Ensures that a diversified program is developed with established routines that supports and nurtures the development of the child
- Set-up classroom for children resulting in an environment that will be welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
- Responsible for written communication consisting of attendance and accident reports, daily communication book recording messages and maintain information sheets on each child
- Administer medication as per requirements
- Prepare developmental profiles and conduct parent – teacher interviews as required
- Provide positive child guidance
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
- Assumes other duties as assigned
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- CECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Familiar with the Day Nurseries Act
- Acceptable Police Check
- 3-6 months of experience in programming with children and families preferred
Communication: communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenges the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses, and implementing them.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices,
460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5
Fax to: 519-576-6223
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener- Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCA’s commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.