Special Needs Access Point (SNAP) Resource Coordinator
- The successful candidate will collaborate with early childhood educators, families and other professionals to coordinate and maintain a single point of access and intake system for children from birth to six (6) years of age requiring special needs resourcing or early intervention services in the Waterloo Region. The SNAP Resource Coordinator will demonstrate and promote daily inclusive early learning and child care principles and best practices within the context of a family-centred approach.
- The successful candidate will possess an Early Childhood Education degree or Diploma, a Resource Teacher certificate (or equivalency), be registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Ontario) and a minimum of three years’ direct experience working in a licensed early learning and child care program with children who have complex needs.
- The incumbent must have a good knowledge of child development, child care best practices, family dynamics, inclusive early learning, early childhood/special needs programming, and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEY) and the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA), Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated competency and skill in the use of computers and software (e.g., MS Office, databases, e-mail, internet).
- Current Standard First Aid is an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Start date: August 2018
Please forward your resume and cover letter no later than June 11, 2018 (at 5:00 pm) to:
Attn. Human Resources
99 Ottawa Street South
Kitchener, ON N2G 3S8
KW Habilitation is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to the selection process for this posting, please advise Human Resources of any accommodation needs to enable your candidacy to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.