Rate: $ 28.257 per hour 35 hours per week
Permanent: 10.5 months per year ( mid August – June 30th each year )
Reporting to the Executive Director of Jacob Hespeler Child Care and the Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centre Board of Directors. The successful applicant will provide pedagogical support and leadership to the Jacob Hespeler Child Care Center programs by supporting our staff’s professional practice and their professional judgments that are central to their role in facilitating children’s learning. To actively support staff as they uphold the Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centres mission and philosophy and transform these documents into the living cultures at JHCCC’S centres.
• Support and build relationships within the JHCCC community
• Provides the Board of Directors with support to make informed decisions.
• Support staff as they build responsive authentic environments
• Ensure that the curriculum meets policies established by the Board of Directors.
• Support staff as they explore pedagogical documentation, intellectual engagement and reflective practice
• Engage in the classrooms of JHCCC daily to support and facilitate program goals and documentation.
• Promote the program in the community.
* Sit on the Professional Development Committee of JHCCC and assist in the implementation of workshops and events.
• E.C.E. Diploma or Degree or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education ( as per employee agreement )
• Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
* Proof of valid driver’s licence, insurance, produce an acceptable driver’s abstract and access to a reliable vehicle. Some driving required.
• Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate
• Ability to obtain and hold a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
• Extensive experience in licensed child care programs and activities, including knowledge of: policies and procedures related to the operation of a child care centre; child guidance techniques for healthy children as well as children with physical or developmental challenges, child development; standard methods of behavioral observation.
• Four years related experience in the Child Care Field.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and the public.
• Ability to set priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
• Enthusiasm, flexibility, dedication and dependability.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Certification through the Association Of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario
Candidates are asked to submit a letter of application, and a current resume with updated
professional development not later than noon on Monday, April 16th 2018
to the following email: email@example.com
Colleen Lehnen ~ Executive Director 519 – 888 - 0098
JHCCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.