YOUTH DEVELOPMENT WORKER I unionized position
- To implement engaging and developmentally appropriate activities for 8 - 12 year olds which allow for choice, creativity, and independence
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of the children in your care
- To follow daily schedules and take responsibility for clean up and organization of supplies
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- To work as part of a team of Youth Development Workers
- Maintaining effective communication with staff, parents, facility staff and co-ordinator
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree such as Recreation and Leisure, Child and Youth Worker (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
- Minimum one year experience with School Age children, preferably in a childcare, education or recreation setting
- Understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act and familiarity with the use of assessment tools such as ECERS, ITERS, SACERS, High Five
- Enthusiasm, initiative and a working knowledge of child development
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
Rate of pay: $20.7376 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 13.75 hours per week (Monday to Friday afternoons)
Please respond in writing by March 5, 2017, indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Jennifer Marshall, Manager, School Age Programs
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.