Company: Our Place K/W
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:00pm, including some evening and /or weekend work. Hours may vary and are subject to change
About Our Place:
“Our Place, Family Resource and Early Years Centre” is a family resource centre, focusing on education and prevention. We are also the lead agency for the Ontario Early Years Centre for the Kitchener Centre riding.
Our Place currently has 1 contract RECE position available beginning April 2013 to March 2014 with possibility of renewal.
Must be a registered member with the College of Early Childhood Educators or be eligible to apply.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- 3- 5 years experience working in programs with children from birth to age 6 and their families, preferably in a community setting.
- Proven experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Proven experience working within an emergent early learning and literacy based framework.
- Knowledge of Family Support Principles.
- Additional training/experience in facilitating programs such as Mother Goose, School Readiness, Make the Connection etc.
- Must be a demonstrated team player,
- Applicants should possess a proven ability and willingness to work as an integral member of a team; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong time management and program planning skills. Applicants must be sensitive to the needs of others; be open and non-judgmental and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Second language an asset
- Standard First Aid required
- Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
Working with team members, responsibilities include:
- Implementing developmentally appropriate activities and programs that promote early learning.
- Providing an inclusive environment that is enriched with early learning opportunities that promote early literacy, language development, social skills and school readiness.
- Providing a safe environment for children in the program
- Assisting families in accessing information and community resources related to child development and early learning.
- Set-up and take-down of program equipment and materials
- Must be able to multi task to ensure the safety of all the children under their direct supervision, within the program guidelines
If interested, please email resume to Jennifer Jordan, Early Years Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to 519-571- 0621
Thank you for your interest. Please note, we will only contact those to be offered an interview
CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2013