SERVICE AREA: Community Services
POSITION: Early Years Program Facilitator
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Early Years
HOURS: Part time, variable hours (evenings & weekends as required)
SALARY: $15.06 per hour
START DATE: Immediate
FUNCTION: To create and deliver quality programs and services for families and children ages 0 – 6 years in a welcoming, stimulating, and safe environment.
· Provide appropriate guidance, information and direction to parents/caregivers
· Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
· Ensure that a diversified program is developed that supports and nurtures the development of the child while supporting the unique needs of the parent, caregivers and families
· Set-up program areas that result in an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
· Provide positive child guidance
· Responsible for maintaining all data collection protocols
· Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
· Assume other duties as assigned
· Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
· 3-6 months of experience in programming with children and families preferred
· RECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
· Membership in the College of Early Childhood Educators
· CPR and First Aid certification
· Knowledge of Healthy Child Development
· Acceptable Police Check
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results.
Initiative: Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue gathering and processing relevant information to come up with possible solutions. Selects appropriate responses, and implements them.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices,
460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5
Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:00 pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act,
Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible
information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCA’s commitment to privacy,
please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.