Hours/weekly: Monday to Saturday (40 hours per week, daytime and evenings as required)
Wage: Competitive salary with benefits
Overview of the position:
The Early Childhood Community Development Centre (ECCDC) is seeking a highly professional, enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our multifaceted team. In this role you would support our community based training and resource services which could include; facilitating and/or coordinating
professional learning opportunities or network sessions, supporting Niagara’s early learning and child care community with scheduled resource deliveries, environmental design and program planning guidance, developing play based
learning kits, processing library memberships and training registrations, supporting members in the onsite lending library and participating in the promotion of the ECCDC’s services at a variety of community events.
The primary hours for the position are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; however, evenings and some Saturdays will be required on a rotating basis and as determined by service needs.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in previous supervisory positions
• Outstanding communication abilities; written and oral
• Previous experience in facilitating professional learning opportunities
• Previous experience in program planning using Ontario’s recognized early years frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate a variety of training activities including liaising with volunteers; communicating effectively with partners and venue coordination
• Knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations related to the field of early learning and child care
• Ability to perform multiple activities and work effectively under pressure within a busy and collaborative work environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of personal integrity
• Early Childhood Education Diploma and/or Child and Youth Studies Degree and a strong awareness of early learning and child care services
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and related computer programs.
The Early Childhood Community Development Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before Thursday February 20, by forwarding a résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 905.646.2692. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.