Pay rate: $18.204 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a stimulating, developmentally appropriate program for children and their families
- To take an active role as part of the Centre’s professional child care team
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education would be an asset
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with toddlers in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Please respond in writing by April 12, 2014 to:
Andrea Hardy, Childcare Coordinator
YWCA St. Paul Childcare Centre
45 Birchcliffe Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2M 4V7
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.