HOURS: Part Time (with potential to lead to Full time)
START DATE: August 19, 2019
PAY: To be determined based on qualifications and experience
FUNCTION: Provide well-balanced nutritional meals adhering to Health Regulations, the Child Care and Early Years Act, and YMCA policies and procedures.
· Cook/prepare meals and snacks according to Canada’s Food Guide (Daily)
· Establish and maintain open communication with families regarding children’s dietary restrictions, allergies, etc.
· Be informed of and accommodate for food allergies, and medical or dietary requirements of the children
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and organized kitchen; ensure that the cleaning schedules are followed (Daily)
· Maintain a working environment that meets or exceeds all Public Health requirements and YMCA standards
· Order and purchase food and kitchen supplies within the approved budget
· Prepare and post the weekly menu; communicate and document menu changes to families and educators
· Attend workshops, trainings, conferences, and staff meetings as required
· Participate in fire drills and other emergency procedures as necessary
· Assist in the child care programs when needed in order to enhance or maintain child-staff ratios; Ability to work with children between ages 6 months to 13 years.
This position requires the individual to:
· stand for most of the day during meal preparation, clean up, etc.
· regularly carry and lift supplies (i.e. groceries, kitchen supplies).
· engage in continuous, repetitive movement through preparation of meals (i.e. cutting).
· work alone during the workday with support from the Supervisor as needed.
· make decisions within limits defined by set standards or accepted practice.
· be committed to building developmental assets in children and adults.
· be familiar with the Child Care and Early Years Act, Canada’s Food Guide and the Region of Waterloo Public Health regulations
· have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable automobile for grocery shopping
· assume other duties as required
· High School Diploma
· Current Safe Food Handling Certification
· Current Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
· Updated immunizations
· Valid Original Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated within 3 months
· 1-2 years of food service experience, preferably cooking for large groups
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: Do the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identify an issue, gather and process relevant information coming up with possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement them.
In addition to the above competencies, the Association Core Competencies are required.
Commitment to Organization Visions and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15, 2019 at noon
Please follow this link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=d72d263d-3a95-404e-b5e7-25823c5490df&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=291725&source=CC3&lang=en_CA
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.caOpens a New Window..