At Emmanuel at Brighton Child Care Centre, our educators, staff, volunteers and students co-create a dynamic and engaging learning environment that both find inspiring and positive. Creating that environment means ensuring the children have healthy meals and snacks during their busy day.
Hours of Work:
6.5 hours/week (Monday-Friday). Start time currently 7:30am.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Under the direct Supervision of the Child Care Centre Supervisor, the cook carries out duties on a daily basis, necessary for the preparation of the lunch time meal and the preparation of the morning and afternoon snacks.
- Responsible for complete meal preparation for approximately 130 children.
- Assists the Director with menu development; menu set every 6 weeks.
- Preparation of morning and afternoon snacks.
- Follows all sanitary procedures.
- Aware of children’s food allergies in the preparation of foods. Make healthy substitutes when necessary.
- Keeps track of supplies necessary for meal preparation.
- Responsible for keeping kitchen cupboards, fridge and freeze clean organized on an on-going basis.
- Prepare Avron grocery order for each Monday.
- Must be able to team work with other cook. The two roles are dependent on each other for a smooth functioning kitchen.
- Operates within a grocery budget.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a kitchen
- Current standard first aid/CPR certification
- Demonstrates ability to quickly form positive relationships with co-workers
- Adapts quickly to a busy, changing environment
- Thorough knowledge of Canada’s Food Guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of the prevention of food contamination.
- Certified with the Region of Waterloo Public Health in Food Safety or currently working towards certification
How to apply:
Please forward your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected to move forward through the hiring process will be contacted.
Emmanuel at Brighton Child Care Centre is committed to creating a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment, free from violence and harassment.
Emmanuel at Brighton Child Care Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, the Centre will endeavour to remove any barriers to the hiring process in order to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.