Creative Beginnings Childcare Centre - Baden, ON
Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate menu planning as well as an understanding of food safety and meal preparation. Flexibility in daily operational change and demand a must.
Job Summary: This position will oversee the food program, including hygiene, meal planning, preparation and distribution to the rooms. This includes all kitchen operations and ensuring the meeting of all Food Safety, CCEYA and Public Health requirements.
Job Duties: include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with supervisor, develop weekly menus following Canada’s Food Guide and the CCEYA and evaluate on a monthly basis while demonstrating knowledge of budget restrictions
- Prepare weekly grocery lists and orders food items and other kitchen and program
- supplies from suppliers via email and notifying supervisor of needs
- Plan, prepare and cook nutritious daily lunches and snacks following the posted menu and the centres daily routines
- Distribute food to the classrooms according to the classroom schedules
- Keep staff and supervisor abreast of any changes to menu
- Be aware of all children’s food allergies and prepare alternate food items for such children if necessary
- Maintain order and cleanliness in kitchen – including refrigerators, freezers appliances and storage cupboards
- Ensure that all food and supplies are within expiry dates.
- Adhere to all food preparation and kitchen requirements as specified by Public Health
- Participate in a minimum of 4 hour professional development
- Obtain & maintain a Safe Food Handler’s certificate and practice safe food handling techniques in food preparation and storage
- maintain confidentiality at all times
- demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with staff and parents
- demonstrate an ability to complete all tasks within the designated time frame
- ability to perform physical activities such as but not limited to lifting heavy items (up to 40 lbs unassisted) bending, and standing for extended periods of time
Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties and responsibilities required of the employee. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter to our director Christa O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org