CASUAL COOK CASUAL DIETARY AIDE
(two separate unionized positions)
"Preference will be given to candidates who are willing to work as either a Cook or Dietary Aide depending on program needs and shift availability."
- Successful completion of Safe Food Handling Course or equivalent as taught by the
- Preference will be given to those with formal training in food preparation
- first Aid certification an asset
- Proven work experience in food Services industry
- Grade 11 or equivalent
- Possess good communication skills,
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient and flexible manner
- A feminist understanding of women, abuse, oppression, and dynamics of homelessness and women's issues
- Prepare and serve attractive, nutritious meals to residents, staff, and visitors at the Emergency Shelter
- Perform all aspects of general kitchen and dining room clean up, including dishes
- Work with and oversee volunteers
- Practice positive communication with staff and residents ensuring that food Services is an essential part of a safe and healthy environment for homeless women
Cook: $21.762 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits Dietary Aide: $18.728 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits On call, hours vary based on need
Please respond in writing by December 02, 2020, indicating how you became aware of this job
84 Frederick St. Kitchener, ON N2H 2L7Email: HomelessnessHousing@ywkw.ca
YWKitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.