- Maintain familiarity with any legislation and procedures related to sanitation and health standards.
- Work closely with appropriate sales representatives for food and equipment suppliers.
- Purchase food and kitchen supplies as required and within budget allocation.
- Work as a team member supporting the daily operation of the program.
- Abide by Health and safety policies.
- Abide by EYES Centre policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies, and prepare orders for food as required
- Plan nutritious meals and snacks for children at the EYES Centre, as required by the CCEYA, Public Health including any specials menus required for individual needs.
- Prepare weekly menus and post on bulletin boards each week.
- Prepare meals and snacks in accordance with Safe Food Handling requirements.
- Prepare special meals for birthdays and other events at EYES Child Care
- Ensure the maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Ensure the general health and safety of the kitchen area.
- Clean kitchen area, equipment, dishes, and utensils as required after all snacks and meals.
- Attend meetings, conferences, professional development workshops as required.
- Other duties as assigned, related to the Daycare Chef/Cook position.
- Prepare weekly menus that reflect all Canada food guide requirements
- Work with Administration Team for approval
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks for all classrooms
- If required work as lunch cover staff, Early Childhood assistant
- Serve meals to each classroom on time, at the appropriate temperature
- Work with staff to collect meal numbers before food preparation of each meal
- Prepare appropriate amounts of food for each classroom, with amounts served meeting the guidelines
- Always considering the allergy list
- Making sure putting the changes in the Menu if not followed
- Maintain daily production reports
- Make weekly food orders through vendors
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen, including all food storage areas
- Make sure all thermometers are working properly
- Ensure all food items are checked for expiration dates
- Wash and sanitize all dishes
- Clean the entire kitchen and appliances throughout the day
- Remove trash and recyclables daily
- Organize and put away all groceries, food orders and non-food items
- Turn in all kitchen expense receipts and pre-prepared food item labels
- Know and follow the mission of EYES Child Care
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to families, children, team members, administration, and Board of Directors
- Build positive relationships and communicate in a respectful manner with families, children, team members, administration, Board of Directors, and the communities in which we serve
- Background verification check
- Read staff policy and procedure handbook and sign that you understand its context
- Fill out all required forms to be kept in your personnel file
- Complete medical form and current PVC
- Wear hairnet or hat while in the kitchen
- Food Handler Certificate or Food Service Worker Certificate from a recognized college or training institute
- First Aid and CPR certification is considered an asset.
- Ontario Driver’s License with the ability to drive independently, without the need for a secondary driver and be insurable, considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of the requirements for hygienic maintenance and housekeeping
- Experience at meal planning and preparation, including experience in preparing culturally appropriate foods.
- Good personal hygienic habits.
- Able to relate well to children and parents.
- Knowledge of different culture, communication styles and value systems.
- Must be physically able to lift, haul and handle large, heavy grocery orders.
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org