Rate: $18.48 per hour + benefits
Start: August 2021
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Child Care Centre. The successful applicant will be responsible to plan nutritious menus according to the Canada Food Guide, taking into consideration food requirements and / or restrictions due to special diets, allergies, special occasions, philosophies, religions and/ or cultures. It is the responsibility of the cook to shop, cook and serve hot lunches and prepare daily snacks.
The successful applicant for the position will be placed on the cook grid of the employee agreement, hours will be set by the supervisor and may vary as program dictates.
* Prepares, cooks and presents all food served in the program, specifically snacks and hot meal (s) daily in accordance with fluctuating attendance.
* Shops, purchases or orders sufficient quantities of highest quality fresh ingredients, food and cleaning supplies within a specified budget.
* From time to time may be responsible for signing purchase vouchers from food distributors and ensuring that correct quantities are delivered.
* Responsible for maintaining and securing inventory of food and cleaning supplies.
* Responsible for keeping kitchen, kitchen equipment and food storage areas clean, tidy and in good working order.
* Responsible for maintaining safe working conditions in work area.
* Reports faulty or dangerous equipment or conditions to supervisor / coordinator and arranges for their repair in consultation with the supervisor / coordinator.
* Ensures the safe storage and handling of food and equipment and maintains temperature logs.
* Ensure health regulations and sanitary procedures are rigorously adhered to.
* Secondary school or approved equivalent.
* Diploma in nutrition, food preparation preferred.
* Valid Standard First Aid & Infant CPR Certificate.
* Safe Food Handling Certificate
* Valid Vulnerable Sector Check
* Access to reliable automobile for grocery shopping
* Clean driver abstract and proof of car insurance
JHCCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.