YW Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications for the position of:
- Preference will be given to those with formal training in food preparation
- First Aid certification an asset
- Successfully completed the Safe Food Handling Course or equivalent as taught by the Waterloo Regional Health Department
- Proven work experience in Food Services industry
- Grade 11 or equivalent
- Possess good communication skills,
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient and flexible manner
- A feminist understanding of women, abuse, oppression and dynamics of homelessness and women’s issues
- Prepare and serve attractive, nutritious meals to residents, staff and visitors at the Emergency Shelter
- Perform all aspects of general kitchen and dining room clean up
- Work with and oversee volunteers
- Practice positive communication with staff and residents ensuring that Food Services is an essential part of a safe and healthy environment for homeless women
RATE: $21.762 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits.
HOURS: On call, hours vary based on need
Please respond in writing by June 1, 2020 indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
YW Emergency Shelter
84 Frederick St.
Kitchener, ON N2H 2L7
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.