- Preference will be given to those with formal training in food preparation
- First Aid certification an asset
- Successfully completed the Safe Food Handling Course or equivalent as taught by the Waterloo Regional Health Department
- Proven work experience in Food Services industry
- Grade 11 or equivalent
- Possess good communication skills,
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient and flexible manner
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and access to a vehicle required
- Prepare and serve attractive, nutritious meals for clients in a licensed childcare setting
- Perform all aspects of general kitchen and clean up
All YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $20.4117 per hour
HOURS: 8:00-1:00 Monday-Friday as needed
Please respond in writing by April 23, 2018 to:
Ana Cabral, Manager
YW Childcare Centre (Bridge Street)
8 Bridge Street East
Kitchener, ON N2K 1J2
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.